Sunday, May 18, 2008

Brynn's chocolate molten lava brownie cake!

Ok so this is a dessert I invented in China and let me tell you, it tastes just as good in America.

* preheat oven to 375 F

1. Boil:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 5 Tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 cup water

2. Remove that from heat and mix in:

  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 cups flour

3. Then beat in:

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda

4. Put all of that in a pan, circular is best, and cook it at 375

Frosting:

1. Boil:

  • 6 Tablespoons milk
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 5 Tablespoons cocoa
  • 1/2 cup butter

Take the cake out when it is not jiggly and if you stick a fork in, it does not come out completly gooey. Pour the frosting on the hot cake and make sure the whole cake is covered. I usually let the cake sit for 10 or 15 minutes. It will taste more like a molten lava cake when it is right out of the oven. If you let it sit overnight, it will be more like brownies with a frosting. DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay Brynner! You finally posted something :0 I have heard molten lava stories from China...so I'm sure this has got to be good (with all that sugar, how could it not be...really :) ). Anyway...thanks for posting and I'll have to try it when I'm cooking for Jeremy again!

Jeremy said...

I have no words. This is just amazing. :)